Saturday, April 5, 2008

New Exciting News





Well I think I am going to faint! Katie is engaged! We are so excited. His name is Drew Behunin. He is a wonderful boy and we already love him. Drew went with us to San Diego. He passed the test of Mackay and Garrett. The three of them got to share a hotel room together. They both approve and like him. Last night Drew called and asked Jim's persmission and blessing to marry Katie. Drew was nervous on the phone and Jim had a little chuckle to himself. I was sitting next to Jim and I had a tear in my eye. Our Katie is getting married. Boy does it go fast. All of you just wait. Here is how Drew asked Katie. He brought her roses and took her to the nicest restaurant around. Katie was in a dress and Drew a suit. I think Katie knew what was coming. She got nervous and talked and talked and talked. Drew couldn't get a word in. Finally she stopped talking and Drew got down on one knee in the middle of the restuarant and said some wonderful things asking her to marry him! Katie said yes and gave him a kiss. Everyone was watching them. Funny huh! She got a solitaire ring and she is thrilled with the ring. Our girl is getting married. scary! So we do not know what day yet. They are thinking the very last week-end in June or the middle of July. I am not sure which. I will let you know when I find out. I hope all of you will be around. We will keep you posted on all of the arrangements.

5 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

HOLY COW! First off congrats to Katie! Second, congrats to mom & dad. Third, you started a blog - yeah!!

Erica Onelove said...

Awesome!!!!!

Congrats!!!!

Erin said...

How wonderful for Katie and for all of you. I am sitting here in California with my new little granddaughter, Eva. But, wanted to let you know how happy we are to hear the news. Weddings are wonderful. --Jannie

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kaite! i was a bit confused when i looked at your blog for the first time this morning i saw katie kiss a boy and was like wait... there is no ocean in the mid-west... and then i read on, and that is awesome! sounds like a good guy.
ps we live in ogden now so we will come down to provo to see you guys soon.
DEREK AND STEVIE

Meg said...

SO AWESOME!! Congrats!! Can't wait to see you all again!